Wednesday, May 23, 2012

...With Hymns of Praise

I have always loved music, but since I've been on my mission I have had an increase of love for the hymns.

The prophets have said that "The hymns invite the Spirit of the Lord, create a feeling of reverence, unify us as members, and provide a way for us to offer praises to the Lord...Hymns move us to repentance and good works, build testimony and faith, comfort the weary, console the mourning, and inspire us to endure to the end."

Elder Oaks once said, and I agree, that "the singing of hymns is one of the best ways to put ourselves in tune with the Spirit of the Lord."

As my companion and I have been working, any time that we find we don't know what to do, or are distracted, we stop and sing a hymn. I've noticed what a strong impact a simple hymn can be. By singing hymns I have felt the spirit more than I would on an average day. I've been directed when I am confused. I have felt the Lord's love.

I testify that hymns bring the spirit. If you're ever feeling down, confused, or upset, stop and sing a hymn and I know that the Holy Ghost will touch your heart and bring feelings of hope, peace, and guidance. 

Read more about the power of hymns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...